Friday, October 3, 2008

The nine pointer guide to love

"to forget you i have to think of you and the more i think of you more i fall in love with you....so please tell me to do anything.... anything....i can even hate you but i cant forget you"....-

Ashish R . Goyal


The gentleman who has written this quotilicious quote happens to be my roomate . (no this is not for me!) Well i have always known he's an intense guy but when i saw these lines i was like 'damn'. the thing with guys living with each other is that there's a lot of leg pulling, fist-fighting, bragging, exaggerating, ma-behning..that we rarely express our real feelings and vulnerabilities. Except of course in a state of inebriation which rarely occurs in our case.

the quote set me thinking and i could'nt get it out of my head the entire day. I was trying to make sense out of it. A walk in the rose garden led me to disagree with the entire thing.

Im discovering new definitions of love evryday. But im glad none of them echoes with what my friend has to say.

What i have found out in the past few days:

1) its very easy to fall in love: i used to worry whether i ll ever fall in love or not. well the whole experience was like the first hour of watching Peter Jackson's 'King Kong'. It was totally different from what i had perceived. the tough part in love is: sustainance (that is, if we are talkin abt the classic one-sided thingy). But then..whats to sustain in that case? I dunno..from heron it enters the realm of a paradox, the meaning of which i do not know.

2) I simply forgot what i was about to write. This, my friend is simply old age and not love.

3) Im sure one doesnt have to forget the person one's in love with. I mean..i ve never forgotten about anyone or anything which i ve tried to forget. its like trying to ignore a person by staring at them. ( i tried this with my mathematics question paper once..to disastrous results i might say!)

4) love is definitely a pathological condition: it sends the mind in a tizzy of unprecedented activity..mostly of the fruitless kind where one is genearlly thinking of the loved one, mostly consisting of 'general mish mash' of 'you know this and you know that'.

5) Love is a lot about crossing the bridge: ok..say the side of the bridge where one is standing right now is the beginning of love. One feels agitated, excited, expectant, weird, neurotic, happy, sad, jumpy, frumpy, dizzy, stoned, animated, scootish, Finnish, Polish, Swiss, Nigerian, cosmic, grand, weak, musical, jack black-ish, gandalf-ish, and a lot of other -ishes and dishes which you dont want to eat.
Yeah, the bridge. right. I got carried away . (make that no. 6 u buster- love means getting carried away, swept away..all that jazz!) Yeah. The bridge. the other side of the bridge is the calm, giving, unexpecting, just being state of existance. The tough part is taking that walk across the bridge. Dont ask me why is it tough. Just do it and see for yourself.

7) The most important. love ..

8) is..

9) a total FUCKER!

But that wont stop me, my roomate, my other room mate, samir ahmed sheikh, manveer singh, deepinder singh and so many simple, unsuspecting bozos from falling in love!

4 comments:

potli-baba-ki said...

yeh sabhi kuch jo tune likha hain yeh khayal ajane ke baad,aur uske na karne ke baad aur usne kaha bhul jao ke baad aur thodi daru tikane ke baad mujhe woh quote dimaag main aaya tha.

Unknown said...

Interesting... But it doesn't help me at all. Especially for tonight.

Unknown said...

I m almost cried man, with laughter of course... beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]storytellr.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Research presents that about 60% of all USA adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.